Make your own homemade granola with this Blueberry Almond Homemade Granola recipe! This delicious version is sweetened with maple syrup and picks up bits of flavor from dates, cinnamon and pure vanilla extract.
Eat the granola with milk, yogurt or as an on-the-go trail snack.
Blueberry Almond Homemade Granola Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20-25 minutes Serves: 4
3 T. unsalted butter, melted 3 T. pure maple syrup 1 t. pure vanilla extract 1 ¼ c. rolled oats ¼ c. slivered almonds ¼ c. sunflower seeds ¼ c. dried dates, pitted and chopped 1 t. ground cinnamon ¼ t. salt 1 ¼ c. fresh blueberries, divided
Greek yogurt, to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, dates, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until the dry ingredients are lightly coated in the butter mixture.
3. Gently fold in one cup blueberries, and then transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the granola into a thin, uniform layer.
4. Place the baking sheet into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and give the granola a good stir. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes before stirring again. If necessary, return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the oats are golden brown. Do not overcook or the granola may become bitter.
5. Remove from oven and cool completely. The granola will become nice and crispy as it cools. Once cooled, serve with Greek yogurt and the remaining fresh blueberries.
Live, Love, Chat and Eat,
Kate & Crew