What to eat for breakfast .... or dessert? Create your own daily harvest smoothie with carrots and oranges from your garden or the local farmers’ market. This delicious carrot cake smoothie tastes more like a decadent dessert than a nutritious breakfast or snack! The natural sweetness of the orange and carrots are balanced by a tasty combination of spices – cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. A spoonful of homemade coconut whipped cream serves as the perfect finishing touch.
🤍 If you love this recipe, please share it🤍
Prep time: 10 minutes / Serves: 2
Carrot Cake Smoothie with Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe
Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ t. coconut 1-2 T. maple syrup (optional) 1 t. orange zest (optional)
1 c. coconut milk, unsweetened *
1 large banana, cut into chunks and frozen 2 large stalks celery, roughly chopped 1 large orange, peeled 4 large carrots, roughly chopped ¾ t. cinnamon ¾ t. ground allspice ½ t. ground nutmeg 4-6 ice cubes Optional Garnish
Ground cinnamon Finely chopped walnuts
* For best results, use coconut milk that does not contain guar gum to make the whipped cream.
1. To make the whipped cream, combine heavy whipping cream, coconut, maple syrup and orange zest, if desired, to mixing bowl and beat (with beaters that have been frozen) until light and airy. Cover and place bowl in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. To make the smoothie, add the coconut milk and frozen banana to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, around 30 seconds.
3. Add celery, orange, carrots, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ice cubes. Blend on high speed until completely combined and creamy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
4. Pour into glasses and top with a scoop of coconut whipped cream. Garnish with a dash of cinnamon or finely chopped walnuts, if desired, and serve immediately.
Live, Love, Chat and Eat,
Kate and Crew