Here is a low-carb, keto-friendly recipe for cheesesteaks, filled with bell peppers and provolone cheese. Enjoy all of the tasty flavors, and you won’t even miss the bread. Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 10-15 minutes /Serves: 4
1 T. unsalted butter 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin 1 large green bell pepper, sliced thin Sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper, to taste 1 lbs. Ribeye steak, sliced very thin ½ t. garlic pepper (in with the spices) 4-5 slices mild Provolone cheese I large head Bibb lettuce, separated, rinsed, and patted dry
Be sure to use very thinly sliced steak for this recipe. Place the steak in the freezer for 20 minutes prior to slicing to make this task easier.
1. Add butter and one tablespoon olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften, approximately 3-4 minutes.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the sliced peppers. Cook, stirring frequently, until the peppers are crisp-tender and nicely charred, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer the onions and peppers to a plate. Set aside.
3. Add sliced steak to the skillet and adjust heat back to medium. Season with the garlic powder, plus salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring frequently, just until the meat is browned on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes.
4. Return the onions and peppers to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat and top the mixture with the Provolone cheese slices. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
5. To serve, remove cover and divide the cheesesteak mixture among the lettuce leaves.
Live, Love, Chat & Eat
If you love this recipe, please share it!