What to eat? Step up ordinary breakfast potatoes with fresh parmesan cheese. Here is a simple recipe that you can create in a cast iron skillet. And the recipe comes with a nice spice blend, picking up a lot of taste from the smoked paprika.
🤍 If you love this recipe, please share it🤍
Easy Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes | Cast Iron Cooking
Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 10-15 minutes / Serves: 4
Ingredients 3 large baking potatoes, diced 1 T. water 1 T. extra virgin olive oil 1 medium red bell pepper, diced ½ medium red onion, diced ½ t. garlic powder ½ t. dried parsley ½ t. dried rosemary ½ t. smoked paprika Sea salt and black pepper, to taste ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Plus, eggs if you plan on enjoying the potatoes with eggs
1. Add potato and water to a large microwave safe dish and cover. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or just until potatoes are crisp tender, but not mushy. Do not overcook.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add red pepper and onion and sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
3. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pepper and onion soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
4. Drain excess moisture from the potatoes and pat dry. Transfer to the skillet and season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and slightly crispy, approximately 6-7 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the warm potatoes. Cover just until the cheese melts and serve immediately.
Live, Love, Chat and Eat,
Kate and Crew