What to eat? This Shrimp Fried Rice recipe is quick and easy to pull together. Enjoy it with some Spring Rolls for a tasty weeknight meal!
🤍 If you love this recipe, please share it🤍
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 8 minutes Serves: 4
Use 2/3 c. frozen peas and carrot blend in place of the measurements listed below.
3 T. unsalted butter, divided 4 large eggs, lightly beaten Sea salt and black pepper, to taste ¾ lbs. frozen shrimp, thawed and chopped 1/3 c. frozen peas 1/3 c. carrots, finely diced 3 T. white onion, finely diced 2 large green onions, divided, sliced 2 t. fresh ginger, finely minced ¾ t. garlic powder 4 c. cooked rice, chilled 2 T. toasted sesame oil 3 T. tamari or coconut aminos Optional garnish: Additional sliced green onion
1. Add one tablespoon butter to a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring and chopping with a spatula continually, until cooked through, approximately 2 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl and set aside.
2. Add second tablespoon of butter to pan. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Transfer shrimp to the bowl with the eggs. (Shrimp will not be full cooked at this point).
3. Add remaining butter to pan, along with the peas, carrots, onion, and white portion of green onions. Add fresh ginger and garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook until vegetables are crisp tender, approximately 2-3 minutes.
4. Add rice, sesame oil, tamari, and green part of onions to pan and stir to combine. Return shrimp and eggs to skillet and cook, stirring continually, until heated through and all ingredients are thoroughly combined, approximately 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately topped with additional sliced green onion, if desired.
Live, Love, Chat and Eat,
Kate & Crew