What to eat? This Cheeseburger soup recipe comes together nicely in the Instant Pot®. It makes a great weeknight dinner with an arugula side salad. If you want a low carb version, check out our Keto One Skillet Cheeseburger Soup. That one contains cauliflower instead of potatoes.
Meal Prep Tip ~ Leftovers are great for your lunch box!
🤍 If you love this recipe, please share it🤍
Cheeseburger Soup | Instant Pot® Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Active cook time: 10 minutes (+ time to come to pressure)
Natural release: 10 minutes
Serves: 4-6 Ingredients 2 T. extra virgin olive oil ½ medium white onion, finely diced 1 lb. ground sirloin 1 T. Italian seasoning Sea salt & black pepper, to taste 1 lb. red potatoes, chopped small 3 c. beef broth, preferably organic, divided ½ c. heavy cream 4 c. sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded 2 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped ½ t. smoked paprika
1. Add olive oil to Instant Pot® inner cooking pot and select the “Sauté’ function. Use the “Adjust” button to select the “Normal” (medium) setting.
2. Once hot, add the diced onion and ground sirloin. Add the Italian seasoning and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion develops some color and the beef is mostly browned, approximately 6-7 minutes.
3. Push the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button and add the red potatoes and beef broth. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” setting on “High.” Adjust cook time to 3 minutes.
4. When cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam before carefully removing the lid.
5. To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding 2-3 tablespoons of the hot liquid from inside the Instant Pot® to it before adding it to the container. Stir to combine.
6. Add the cheddar cheese, one cup at a time, and stir until completely melted. Serve immediately with some freshly chopped parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika for garnish, if desired. Enjoy!
For a great collection of our best Instant Pot®️ recipes, join the Recipe Bungalow Stacks!
And, in the meantime,
Live, Love, Chat and Eat
Kate & Crew