What to eat for dessert? No need to run out to a cafe or by prepackaged treats in the convenience store.
Make this easy Lemon Poppyseed Coffee Cake recipe. You can make the whole cake, slice it and individually wrap and freeze each slice. Or, take it to your next office sweet table or a potluck.
Just be sure to enjoy at least one slice warm!
Lemon Poppyseed Coffee Cake Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes / Baking time: 45-50 minutes / Serves 8
Coffee Cake Ingredients
Non-stick cooking spray 1 c. unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1¼ c. granulated sugar, divided
1 t. real vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature 1/3 c. lemon juice
¾ c. sour cream
4 c. flour
1¼ t. baking soda
1¼ t. baking powder
2 T. poppy seeds
1 T. lemon zest, preferably organic Non-stick cooking spray Lemon Glaze Ingredients
1 c. powdered sugar 1/8 c. whole milk* 1 T. fresh lemon juice *Add additional milk a little at a time, if necessary, to reach desired consistency
1. Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard-sized Bundt pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the vanilla, eggs, lemon juice, and sour cream and mix until smooth.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, poppy seeds, and lemon zest in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
4. Transfer the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan. Place in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 5. While the cake is baking, prepare the lemon glaze by blending the ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
6. Remove from oven and place hot pan on a wire rack to cool for 30-40 minutes. To serve, remove cake from pan and slice. Drizzle with some lemon glaze right before serving. Enjoy!
Live, Love, Chat and Eat,
Kate and Crew