This one's for pasta lovers! If you're tired of plain spaghetti and gravy, cook this delicious, homemade Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Sauce. The sauce is thick and delicious and goes well with bow tie or penne. It comes together in just minutes using a high-speed blender making it perfect for busy weeknights.
Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 12 minutes / Serves: 4
12 oz. dry pasta of choice 1 15-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained ½ c. toasted walnuts + extra for garnish 2 T. tomato paste 1 T. miso (optional) ½ c. canned coconut milk 2 garlic cloves, minced ½ c. fresh basil, chopped Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large pot of generously salted water to boiling. Prepare pasta al dente according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce. Add roasted red peppers, toasted walnuts, tomato paste, miso, coconut milk, garlic, and one-half cup of the pasta cooking water to a high-speed blender.
3. Blend until completely cooked and creamy. Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. When pasta has finished cooking, drain return to cooking pot. Pour in the red pepper sauce and stir to evenly coat.
5. Divide pasta among 4 serving plates. Top each with fresh basil and walnuts. Enjoy!
Live, Love, Chat & Eat